Policies & Eligibility
GENERAL / ALL PROGRAMS
What programs does Wish List Depot offer?
Wish list Depot has three programs to reach students living in poverty. Three of the programs reach students via their educators (Free Store, Mobile Free Store and Homework Tool Box. Half Time Back Packs goes directly to students. Educators are assigned a method of distribution for the month that is available for their school.
1 – The Wish List Depot Free Store
Teachers and other school personnel in qualifying high-needs schools “shop” for free school supplies throughout the academic year, choosing what supplies are right for their students.
FREE STORE (JOHNSON SQUARE)
1101 Valley Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Click Here for Directions
For more information, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-2017 Eligible Schools
2 – Wish List Depot Mobile Free Store
Wish List Depot Mobile Free Storeallow us to expand the number of students we reach by creating an alternative delivery method for teachers who currently face geographic, time and access barriers to shopping at the Free Store. Some deliveries are made to a central location within the district, others directly to schools.
- Qualifying educators assigned to our Mobile Free Store can order a kit (Buddy Bag); online.
- Delivery dates, times and pickup locations for our Mobile Free Store Buddy Bags will be sent to the WOW Coordinators at each school.
- Please read Wish List Depot Mobile Free Store policies below for more information on registration and requirements.
3 – Homework Tool Box
Kids entering into kindergarten are given a Homework Tool Box full of the needed tools/supplies to support learning at home. Teachers shop at the free store for their student’s Homework Tool Boxes as needed thought out the academic school year. (Pre-selected schools)
What educators qualify to participate in Wish List Depot programs? Full-time Title 1 Elementary teachers, principals and assistant principals, are eligible to utilize Wish List Depot programs.Part-time teachers, administrative staff, custodial staff, bus drivers, coaches, interns, substitutes, home school teachers, day care providers or personnel who do not provide direct instruction to students all day, every day are not eligible to utilize Wish List Depot programs.
Educators are only to use the materials received by Wish List Depot within their classrooms.
WISH LIST DEPOT FREE STORE POLICIES:
Making an appointment:
- Shopping is available by appointment only. No drop ins. To register for a shopping appointment, Click Here.
- Appointments for the next month become available around the 15th of the month prior.
- Appointments are available in one (1) hour time increments. Regardless of the time you arrive for your appointment, your shopping will conclude at the end of your appointment time, so that those with the next appointment time can be accommodated.
- The last shoppers will be checked in 20 minutes prior to closing. If you arrive too late to shop, you may cancel your appointment (by midnight that night) and reschedule without penalty OR you may take a prepackaged “to go” box of basic supplies.
Bags: Please bring your own bags/boxes.We do not provide them.
BCPS: at check-in you’ll be asked to present your school/district photo ID. This is required and enforced. Failure to present the appropriate ID will result in forfeiture of your appointment.
Appointment confirmation requirement: Print a copy of your email confirmation (this lists your name, shopping date and time-slot of your appointment). Or you can present this information on your phone, making sure it is saved as an image and fully charged as a back-up as we cannot make exceptions for any issues with phones or wifi connections.
Inclement weather: Wish List Depot tends to follow BCPS’s inclement weather schedule because we are located in Baltimore City. In the event of inclement weather, call 410.442.1891 after noon to listen to the main greeting. If we are closed, you will need to login to the teacher portal (Click here) by midnight on the day of your scheduled shop or lose your shopping trip for the month.
Cell phone and guest policy: Due to the limited space and time available during teacher shopping, children, guests, and cell phones are not permitted.
Parking: Wish List Depot shares the parking lot with Johnson Square Elementary school staff.
- Please use the street parking.
- Please do not park in clearly mark reserved spaces for Johnson Square Elementary Staff.
- Please do not double-park or obstruct the entrance, exit or another car with your vehicle.
- Please keep valuables out of plain sight.
- Carpool if you can!
- Wish List Depot is not liable for any theft or damage to your car.
Loading: Many times, we have volunteers to help you load your cars. Please assist our volunteers with loading your vehicle. Also, please dress appropriately in case you need to completely load your own car.
Special needs: If you have special needs such as wheelchair usage or visual impairment, please contact, our Teacher Coordinator,so that we may make special accommodations for you. email@example.com,
Volunteer to earn an extra shopping trip: BCPS educators at Eligible Schools can volunteer to earn an extra shopping trip for you or for other teachers! Eligible teachers can receive ONE free shopping certificate in exchange for a three hour volunteer shift. Certificates can be used anytime during the academic year. Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.442.1891.
WISH LIST DEPOT MOBILE FREE STORE POLICIES: